The Playground, Shade and Surfacing Depot offers multiple types of sun shade structures to meet your needs. Shade structures help protect children and grown-ups alike from the damaging UVA and UVB rays of the sun but did you also know that commercial sun shade structures may also extend the life of your outdoor products or equipment from premature wear and fading. Protecting your investments from both a health and financial decision make it an easy choice to allow us to design a shade structure that meets your needs.
Traditional shade structure canopy fabric blocks up to 97% of harmful UV rays and provides approximately 80% water repellency. With providing shade up to 91%, shade canopies are on average 20 degrees cooler than conventional steel roofs.
Shade structure canopy fabric is fade resistant, mildew and rot resistant and the shade fabric allows hot air to rise and escape creating cooler air underneath. Our sun shade fabric is constructed of UV stabilized high density polyethylene ASTM 84 and is available in a wide variety of colors.
Our shade canopy fabric carries a 10 year limited warranty and our post carry a 20 year limited warranty against failure due to rust through corrosion. We can stamp and seal Shade Structure Engineer Drawings in all 50 States which helps on any shade structure permitting needs.
In addition to shade structures and playground shade structures we also sell shade structure post pads or cushioned post pads for the posts and other product’s posts that need cushioned protection. These are custom made post pads so call us and we will be happy to provide you a quote.
Top Reasons to Add Playground Shade
From swings, independent events, and play structures to children’s tables or benches, there are many benefits of integrating shade into various parts of your play environment.
1. Children can play longer without overheating.
Heat from the sun can be a burden after a while, and children will want to go back indoors for relief. By shading your playground, children will be able to play longer, allowing them to have more fun while staying active. Shade structures typically keep spaces 20 degrees cooler for children to play in.
2. Keep equipment cool to the touch.
Many playground injuries come from children touching over-heated playground structure surfaces that are exposed to the sun for too long. Shading your play area will help prevent children from getting burns.
3. Increase the life of your play equipment.
In addition to cooling the playground, shade structures will actually increase the life of the play equipment. It does this by protecting it against fading and cracking that happens from sun exposure over time.
4. Protect children from harmful UV rays.
One blistering sunburn could increase a child’s risk of getting skin cancer later in life. By adding our UV-protective shade to your playground, children can have fun and stay active outside while protected from harmful UV rays.
Ways to Shade Your Playground
- Enhance your outdoor play environment by integrating shade structures into any portion of active use zones.
- Cover an Entire Play Structure
- Cover play structures with our Sail Shades or Hip Ends in square, rectangle, or hexagon shapes. We offer many sizes and fabric colors to match your play environment!
- Integrated Shade
- Use any of our modular shade canopies to integrate a canopy into the posts of your playground.
- Swing Set Canopies
- Did you know you can incorporate sun protection into your swing set? We have a unique one of a kind swing with built in shade. Our skilled engineers have designed this to be a safe and economical way to shade swing sets. Call us for more information.
- Shade Independent Play Areas
- Use umbrellas or cantilevers to protect musical play areas, climbers, or other independent play areas.
- Bench Canopy. Have a bench beside your playground? Our Bench Shade Attachment perfectly fits on the back of any 6-foot standard in-ground or surface mount bench. This economical option is a great way to add playground shade!